P.O. Box 606
Howard, KS. 67349
The county clerk is elected to a four year term in November of the Presidential election year.
The clerk takes office the second Monday in January following the election.
The clerk's office provides many different services to the public and the courthouse in general.
- Prepare payroll and accounts payable checks and records
- Maintain employment records
- Maintain workers compensation claims for filing with insurance company
- Post daily receipt distributions, monitor fund balances
- Prepare Financial reports
- Prepare cemetery and township budgets
- Compute tax levies
- Balance & distribute Motor Vehicle Tax
- Prepare tax rolls
- Maintain tax accounts
- Maintain tax unit maps
- Prepare agenda for Commissioners' meetings
- Record and publish minutes of the County Commissioners' meetings
- Keeper of Commissioners’ official records
- Maintain inventory and fixed assets
- Handle road petitions
- Issue hunting & fishing licenses
- Assist citizens with questions and concerns
- Assist Citizens with homestead and food tax refund